V3.4 8th May 2021
The Marketing Centre, incorporated in England, is the data controller, if you have any requests about your personal data or queries about how we handle it you can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the Marketing Centre, The Old Coach House Redhill, Surrey RH1 4LB
We will process your personal data in accordance with the services we provide and the lawful bases identified below
|Activity||Why we need to process your personal information||Lawful basis to process personal information|
|Making an application to join the Marketing Centre||Processing your employment application
Provide you with information relating to employment
|Purchasing the services of a Part Time Marketing Director through The Marketing Centre||Processing your company and contact information||Contract|
|Email marketing to business contacts
|To send information and marketing messages by email||Legitimate interest|
|Email marketing where consent has been given||To send information and marketing messages by email||Consent|
|To send occasional marketing communications by post||Legitimate interest|
|Segmentation, analytics, marketing profiling
|To provide targeted and appropriate marketing messages||Legitimate interest|
|Registering for an event
|Provide you with information relating to the event
The legal basis on which we rely are:
Processing of your personal data is necessary for us to administer the pre-contract and contractual relationship between ourselves and our suppliers/customers in connection with the performance of a contract.
We will use legitimate interests to send occasional marketing by post or email and for segmentation and profiling in order to send relevant targeted communications. Our legitimate interests are to communicate with our customers and other businesses to keep them informed, to grow our business and promote best practice in the marketing industry.
Processing your personal data
We conduct basic profiling for our marketing purposes to ensure relevant and targeted communications. This might be in the form of segmentation based on location or stated interests.
We would like to use your personal data to send you details of products or services that we offer that we have identified as likely to be of interest to you. We will only send you information in line with the preferences you indicated when you provided the personal data.
If at any point you would like to opt-out of receiving communications from us or would like to change the channels (such as email or post) that we use to contact you please visit manage your communications preferences, contact us at email@example.com or by post to the Marketing Centre, The Old Coach House Redhill, Surrey RH1 4LB
Recipients/categories of recipients
In carrying out our business including our obligations to you, we may use sub-contractors. These will be businesses such as mailing houses, email broadcasters, marketing agencies and may include compliant organisations based outside the EU such as Google, HubSpot and Dropbox. We will ensure that they respect your privacy and abide by all data protection laws.
We will keep your personal data in connection with the services for which it was collected for an appropriate period of time and in accordance with our data retention policy. A copy of this policy can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
In terms of personal data we use for marketing, we will keep this data for as long as we are able to market to you and if you withdraw your consent or opt-out of marketing communications, we will keep your contact details only to ensure that we do not contact you again for marketing purposes.
Data subject’s rights
You have rights in respect of your personal data. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, we will first need to complete a Subject Access Request, available from email@example.com and confirm your identity before we can consider your request. This confirmation will require two forms of ID, one of which should be a passport or birth certificate, the other could be a driving licence or utility bill.
- Right of access – you have the right to know whether we are processing your personal data, and to a copy of that data. We would need as much information as possible to enable us to locate your data. We will respond to your request within 28 days of receipt of your request. If you want to exercise this right, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to know more about this right, the ICO has more guidance on their website, which you can access by clicking here.
- Right to rectification – you have the right to have any incorrect personal data corrected or completed if it is incomplete. You can make this request by email or in writing. We will need as much information as possible to enable us to locate your data. We will look at any request and inform you of our decision within 28 days of receiving the request. If you want to exercise this right, please contact email@example.com by email or post to at The Marketing Centre, The Old Coach House, |Redhill Surrey RH1 4LB If you want to know more about this right, the ICO has more guidance on their website, which you can access by clicking here.
- Right to erasure – this right, often referred to as the right to be forgotten allows you to ask us to erase personal data where there is no valid reason for us to keep it. We will look at any request and inform you of our decision within 28 days of receiving the request. If you want to exercise this right, please contact the firstname.lastname@example.org . If you want to know more about this right, the ICO has more guidance on their website, which you can access by clicking here.
- Right to restrict processing – you have the right to ask us to restrict processing of your data. We will look at any request and inform you of our decision within 28 days of receiving the request. If you want to exercise this right, please contact the email@example.com. If you want to know more about this right, the ICO has more guidance on their website, which you can access by clicking here.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data based on (i) legitimate interests, or for the performance of a task in the public interests/exercise of official authority (including profiling); (ii) direct marketing (including profiling); and (iii) for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
- Legitimate interests/legal task – your objection should be based on your particular situation. We can continue to process the data if we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds which override your interests.
- Direct marketing – you have an absolute right to ask us to stop processing for the purposes of direct marketing. We will action your request as soon as possible.
- Scientific/historical research and statistics – your objection should be based on your particular situation. If we are conducting research where the processing is necessary for the performance of a public task, we can refuse to comply with your objection.
If you want to exercise this right, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the Marketing Centre, The Old Coach house, Redhill Surrey, RH1 4LB If you want to know more about this right, the ICO has more guidance on their website, which you can access by clicking here.
Processing based on consent
Where we process your personal data based on your consent you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time without reason. You can opt-out by using the unsubscribe/opt-out in any marketing we send you and you can contact us using the contact details above.
The right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority
If you are unhappy with any aspect of our handling of your data you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, by clicking here.
We are committed to protecting your privacy.
IP address lookup
Our company uses third parties to provide information about visitors to our websites. When you visit our websites, we will record your IP address. This address will be matched against public and proprietary IP address databases to provide us with information about your visit. This information may identify the organisation to whom the IP address is registered but not individuals. In some limited cases i.e. single person companies, it may be possible to identify personal data from publicly available ICANN data.
Website cookies and link tracking
Cookies allow us to provide important site functionality so you don’t have to re-enter lots of information. They also allow us to remember what links and pages have been clicked or viewed during a session. If you have provided us with personal data, completing a contact form for example, we may associate this personal data with other information. This will allow us to identify and record what is most relevant to you.
Most web browsers allow user privacy settings to block either all cookies, or third-party cookies. Blocking cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one. Please visit www.aboutcookies.org for comprehensive information on how to change your cookie settings in a wide variety of different web browsers.
We use a combination of both session and persistent cookies. Session cookies keep track of your current visit and how you navigate the site, persistent cookies enable our website to recognise you as a repeat visitor when you return. The session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will be removed on a pre-determined expiry date, or when deleted by you.
Essential cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, and to use online forms.
Analytical cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Marketing cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences. These cookies also record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website, the advertising displayed on it and communications sent more relevant to your interests.
Cookies Used by this site
|Essential site cookie for login||PHPSESSID
|You Tube||SID, LOGIN_INFO